Skip to main content

CHOOSE KINDNESS

 

14 days into July, well the second half of the year, not that anybody is actually counting but that’s that. I should have been posting this piece on July first or somewhere there about but Personally, the year has been going unbelievably “Jumanji” the next level for me. Will get into the “what nots “of what has been going on another time or never. All I know is I have been feeling like nothing has been going my way literally nothing. Modern slang “nothing doing” accurately describes the scenario at the moment.   Yes, it is as bad as it sounds, so I won’t be bringing to the lime light the intricate details of the scenarios but I will paint a picture in case someone out there feels like they are alone. I made it to top three of an internship that I have always wanted only to be left out, the writing gig I enjoyed so much fell through because my life was actually falling apart, I met someone who I thought I could build something with but gosh it ended in tears. So literally everything I touched has somehow been turning to dust.

Believe it when I say that there is rock bottom down at rock bottom, I have lived and known that place. There are times when you find yourself stuck between a rock and a hard place, you don’t see no point in soldiering on. Being honest about it, I have actually reached breaking points where I felt, there is no point in anything at all…life. I know the first half of the year did not go as planned for most of us, maybe even these days into the second half. Yet when am on the verge of giving up, one of my favorite reality shows “MasterChef Australia back to win” 2020 which I hope to expound on in the near future, unconsciously and constantly pops up in my head. I am reminded that every single day is a new opportunity to actually win at this life thing. Another chance to try again until I win. That one actually gets better on the second attempt, the third and so on and so forth.

Sometimes we are unkind to ourselves, we take no credit for the small things we are able to achieve each and every day. So keep on because we will get there eventually. Giving up is not an option, remind yourself to increase your goals rather than decrease your efforts. When all is said and done remind yourself that you are doing better than you think and you will get there, we all will. Bottom line is the second half of the year, CHOOSE, to be kind to yourself.

Comments

  1. Thanks for writing. Write again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it doesn't matter how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is, thank you for these encouraging words.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Body Shaming

  For this particular topic, I am really struggling with where to begin so I will just simply go with the flow. Since time immemorial, my country people have always had issues with how women look and dress. Let me take you back to the time a woman was stripped naked in Blantyre town for wearing something “the streets” deemed inappropriate. The strange thing about cases like these, is the fact that most of the clothes that are seen as not fit to wear are actually sold by the same vendors that undress women. If people are not talking about how short something a woman is wearing, they are talking about how fat, slim, figureless one is. They are including in their diction words that are demeaning and inappropriate. Fast forward to last week, there was an inaugural annual fashion show event at Bingu International Conference center (BICC) by Mabel Khonje dubbed “Boudoir” which translates to a woman’s private bedroom. The fashion show was showcasing lingerie and swim suits. To keep you up t
I know you have been anxiously waiting for my very first post on my blog. I sincerely apologize to have kept you waiting…I hope it was worth the wait. There are a lot of bloggers out here blogging about a whole lot of things. I have friends who blog about food, some natural hair, others writing, others have vlogs about travelling and dance. I thought about why not blog about real life, my life as it happens, my experiences, joy, pain, disappointment, fears, hopes, laughter, excitement, GOD , trending topics…. LOVE . So, I know you probably have debated this with your friends or saw it trending on Social media this past week. You know what? This is not the first time I have seen such a reaction from People in this country pertaining to a matter of public interest. I am not saying that it is wrong to criticize where necessary but criticism must be constructive. The issue of Daliso Sails , who I believe has become more popular than he was before his infamous interview. So appar