Skip to main content

Challenge accepted

 CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Late to the party, but here I am. English men say “better late than never.” There was a lot of second guessing for me to get here. But let’s do this.

To be honest, the corona virus pandemic added on struggles that were already there for me as a creative and a human being. Since this theme is being wrapped up today I will highlight the highs and lows in as far as being a creative is concerned.

In my other life, I was definitely your tuber and a podcaster. Trust me I have been wanting to start a podcast for the past non-existent 10,000 years. I wanted to tackle everything and anything that happens around me because I love talking. While at it, I had imagined myself making a little something from it. That podcast is still a dream in the making because of the virus. Enlisted the help of four other friends of mine from secondary school so we could address what it  is about Marymount Girls in Mzuzu, Malawi. Due to physical gathering limitations and of course high data costs with a sprinkle of procrastination. The podcast is still a poster.

Hold on, I was not the only creative affected, the most anticipated movie “Fatsani “failed to premier as shooting had been put on hold because of the Rona. So we had to feed our attention on the trailer till this year. For what it’s worth the wait was worth it. There were lots of lost opportunities for different creatives in the industry most especially artists who depend on bookings, live shows and exhibitions.

On the brighter side, I got to participate in a poetry showdown that took place online. Thanks to Zimbabwean youth for innovation for giving us that platform to keep our art alive. For your own information, I am a poet on the side. I also had a chance to make a presentation on “the next star” platform on app sharing information with upcoming artists. Story for another day. Banks started embracing online platforms like social media to stream performances as well as showcase other things. Before we knew it, artists were back in business.

Now I really wish I could vlog or podcast this, I guess you can do with the pictures and a teaser i threw in


. At this point, there is only one thing left to say Winter Africa blogging challenge accepted.

Comments

  1. You are beautiful and such a creative mind. How do you handle all those sides of a creative that require so much of your mind and then life as well? As for the teaser, πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…...Happens to me too, all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very chuffed with the compliments, thank you. It is really a struggle to balance it all out. I find myself slacking most of the time. So i am really trying to get a hang of everything. Hoping i can consistently write on here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Body Shaming

  For this particular topic, I am really struggling with where to begin so I will just simply go with the flow. Since time immemorial, my country people have always had issues with how women look and dress. Let me take you back to the time a woman was stripped naked in Blantyre town for wearing something “the streets” deemed inappropriate. The strange thing about cases like these, is the fact that most of the clothes that are seen as not fit to wear are actually sold by the same vendors that undress women. If people are not talking about how short something a woman is wearing, they are talking about how fat, slim, figureless one is. They are including in their diction words that are demeaning and inappropriate. Fast forward to last week, there was an inaugural annual fashion show event at Bingu International Conference center (BICC) by Mabel Khonje dubbed “Boudoir” which translates to a woman’s private bedroom. The fashion show was showcasing lingerie and swim suits. To keep you up t

CHOOSE KINDNESS

  14 days into July, well the second half of the year, not that anybody is actually counting but that’s that. I should have been posting this piece on July first or somewhere there about but Personally, the year has been going unbelievably “Jumanji” the next level for me. Will get into the “what nots “of what has been going on another time or never. All I know is I have been feeling like nothing has been going my way literally nothing. Modern slang “nothing doing” accurately describes the scenario at the moment.     Yes, it is as bad as it sounds, so I won’t be bringing to the lime light the intricate details of the scenarios but I will paint a picture in case someone out there feels like they are alone. I made it to top three of an internship that I have always wanted only to be left out, the writing gig I enjoyed so much fell through because my life was actually falling apart, I met someone who I thought I could build something with but gosh it ended in tears. So literally everything

WAKANDA FOREVer

 The last time I ever felt this kind of feeling was when Paul Walker of the fast and the furious died. I don’t even know where to begin but if you followed how excited people were about black panther then you should not be surprised at the  flowers and messages that are flooding in for Chadwick Boseman.Since time immemorial all the superheroes were white until king T'challa.When the black panther came out we could all resonate because this was the first superhero that represented us as a people, a culture and damn did he do it so well that Trump’s government wanted to partner with Wakanda not knowing it was a fictious country.Thats how much his character sold that movie.Thats how much his character gave us a sense of confidence and pride. Now behind the scenes, Chadwick was fighting a big battle, was being a real hero in everything he was going through. Yet he still entertained us, walked with his chin held high like everything was okay. He made a mark, left footprints in the sand